Lički forum
Lički forum ZK Stajnica  
Rujan 20, 2020, 04:58:31 *
Dobrodošli, Gost. Molimo, prijavite se ili se registrirajte.

Prijavite se korisničkim imenom, lozinkom i duljinom prijave

Stranica: [1]
  Ispis  
Autor Tema: Hello - May I introduce myself.....  (Posjeta: 20142 )
0 Članova i 1 Gost pregledava ovu temu.
Paul
Novi član

« : Ožujak 27, 2007, 10:39:57 »

....my name is Paul Thornton and I live in England. I am writing a fictional novel based in Croatia and found your website by complete chance. I have been searching for a village in Lika on which to base my novel and having visited your website I made contact with Mato to ask if he could help me. He's been very kind and provided me with photographs and a brief description of Stajnica. But I have so many questions to ask and he suggested if I use this forum, somebody may be able to help me with my research. Is anybody able and willing to help me?
Evidentirano
Lipice
Novi član

Spol: Muški

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/44928721496/

351463115 lipicetv@hotmail.com
Profil WWW
« Odgovor #1 : Ožujak 28, 2007, 01:51:12 »

Hello Paul Thank you, that you have introduced yourself here. Excuse please my  bad English. I thank you that you have fancied to us. Place, nevertheless, simply the questions which interest you and we will in the committee try to help you.

Can you maybe say to us what it concerns with this history? What lies behind?

Thank you for your interest in our region. It seldom seems that authors are interested in this wonderful and historically significant land.

If it is permitted to me the time I try to help you in your plan. And I think other people will join this project.

Again many thanks and a lot of success with your plan

Yours sincerely

An enthusiastic Lika fan Namigujem

Lipice
Evidentirano

Lee Chan 4 life
stenta
Administrator
Novi član

Profil Email
« Odgovor #2 : Ožujak 28, 2007, 02:24:36 »

Citat: "Paul"
....my name is Paul Thornton and I live in England. I am writing a fictional novel based in Croatia and found your website by complete chance. I have been searching for a village in Lika on which to base my novel and having visited your website I made contact with Mato to ask if he could help me. He's been very kind and provided me with photographs and a brief description of Stajnica. But I have so many questions to ask and he suggested if I use this forum, somebody may be able to help me with my research. Is anybody able and willing to help me?

Hello Paul

Very warm welcome to visiting and joining our Forum dedicated to Likas region wonderful place under the mountains of Velika Kapela called Stajnica.

What a surprise !, a gentleman from England sincerely interested in our culture as well as our domestics, Likas heritage would certainly pay  attention.
As per your visiting our web site and its dedicated forum I am pretty sure there is a lots to observe and learn about this magnificent place in Croatia.
Writing a Novel about Lika and your chosen place of our village Stajnica will inspire all of us to jump on  board and help you out as much as we can as far as your thoughts, questions and research are concerned.
Recently I spoke with Mato and he told me some things about your journey, I have to admit it sounds very interesting so far.

Any questions of your thoughts can be posted here or you can also directly E-mail me at
stenta@stajnica.com

Best regards

Tom  Perkovic

Administrator
Evidentirano
Paul
Novi član

« Odgovor #3 : Travanj 01, 2007, 12:12:08 »

Hi Lipice and Stenta,

Thank you so much for your replies. Firstly, I should say I feel deeply honoured that you are willing to help me with my novel. Before I begin to ask questions though, I feel I must explain more about myself and what my novel is about. I think it is perhaps only when you have carefully considered what I have to say that you can decide whether you still wish to help me. I will completely understand if you feel uncomfortable, or unable to help, because a large part of my novel will be set in the years 1991 to 1995 and at the time of the war.

I should start by telling you about myself. I am from England and my current job is in computing. For many years I have been writing stories, mainly childrens stories which have been recorded and then sold on audio-CD. I have done this on a part-time basis. Two years ago, I decided to give up my job so I could write a novel. I wrote my novel but was very unsatisfied with it, because whilst it told what I believe is a good story it lacked reality. After a long time, I realised it was because the story did not live in a real setting. In the meantime, I had to return to my job because of the financial situation of having no income. For many months now I have struggled with where I could set my story. And then three months ago it hit me like a thunderbolt: Croatia! I realised immediately I knew how to turn my novel from a good story to a fantastic story and also to do something important make people who read my novel understand a foreign country they do not know and have only ever seen on News programmes or recognise their football team.

Like many people in the UK I lived through the war in Croatia and Bosnia and while I remember the time very well, I dont think I ever truly understood what was happening. It seemed so far away and yet Croatia is so near to England. I remember thinking these are people just like me, with homes and families and children. If you talk to most people in England about Croatia they know there was a war, they know it was after the break-up of Yugoslavia and yet they know very little else about your country. I look at the photos that Mato sent me and I think wow, what a beautiful place. But people in England dont know about the Plitvice Lakes, nor the Velebit Mountain, nor Zagreb, nor your castles, nor your beautiful coastal resorts. And they also know so little about your history. As best I can and perhaps only partially I would like to educate English people by setting my story in Croatia.

My novel concerns a Croatian soldier who is captured and detained by two Serbian soldiers in 1993 in the region of Lika, in the then Republic of Serbian Krajina. I would like to base the location of where the Croatian soldier is held in a deserted castle, near a deserted village I would like to base that village on Stajnica. The two Serbian soldiers are insane and inflict terrible torture on the Croatian soldier. My novel is not intended to explain the rights and the wrongs of the conflict, nor does it suggest all Serbian people are like the two deranged Serbians in my novel. It just happens that these two particular Serbs are madmen just like there are madmen in every country all over the world. Whilst the novel tells the story of the Croatians capture by the Serbs it also tells the wider story of his life and describes his life in Zagreb before, up to and during the war.

So that is me and that is my novel. Would you still be willing to help me?
Evidentirano
Mato
Administrator
Novi član

« Odgovor #4 : Travanj 01, 2007, 12:29:07 »

Ofcourse we are still willing to help you.

And here are the pictures of deserted castle, it is actually located close to Stajnica Smješko It is Sokolac castle in Brinje

http://www.zk-brinje.hr/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=33&catid=2
Evidentirano
Paul
Novi član

« Odgovor #5 : Travanj 06, 2007, 10:38:40 »

Thank you Mato, I very much appreciate all your help.

Here are my first set of questions if anyone can help. I am sure I will have lots more.....

I have been trying to locate a map that shows Stajnica and where it is in Lika. Can anybody produce a map for me?

What does everyone do to earn a living in Stajnica?

Is there a saw-mill, pulp-factory near Stajnica? Is there a large trade in wood in the region of Lika?

What was the ethnic mix in Stajnica (Croats, Serbs, Other) before the war and after the war?

I am assuming that Stajnica was within Republic of Serbian Krajina in the war years. Is this right? If it was I am very interested to understand more about what happened to the village in the war-years. Would anyone be prepared to give me a description of what happened?
Evidentirano
Paul
Novi član

« Odgovor #6 : Travanj 06, 2007, 10:41:33 »

Hi Mato,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but when I try to access those links to the castle you posted, I am presented with another logon window (even though I've logged on already). I put my username and password in, but it rejects it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul
Evidentirano
sandra
Novi član

« Odgovor #7 : Travanj 14, 2007, 05:26:21 »

Hello Paul, its very great to hear that somebody is writing a novel about Stajnica. I would like to ride it some day and tell everybody here in Switzerland about it!!

I never had time to visit Lika really, but all I can do is imagine myself how it loks like. The voices of nature, the smell of the wather, the colors and the faces of peopel. Even the boys and girls and how it was there when they feld in love..and the summer-nights, the dark sky with very much stars deep in the night. ..etc. I hope I can visit it soon and you too.

wish you secess!
Evidentirano
Mato
Administrator
Novi član

« Odgovor #8 : Travanj 14, 2007, 06:47:13 »

Citat: "Paul"
Hi Mato,

I'm sorry to bother you again, but when I try to access those links to the castle you posted, I am presented with another logon window (even though I've logged on already). I put my username and password in, but it rejects it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

I am sorry Paul  I have linked them from www.zk-brinje.hr but I guess they have disabled linking. You can see them here: http://www.zk-brinje.hr/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=33&catid=2
Evidentirano
 Stranica: [1]
  Ispis  

Skoči na:  

UseBB Port by Gaia Lički forum ZK Stajnica | Powered by SMF 1.1.10. © 2005, Simple Machines LLC. All Rights Reserved.